Last updated on: 18th November 2020
At GV Group (Gate Ventures) Limited ( “we” or “us” ), we take your privacy seriously. We’re committed to protecting the privacy of any personal data you give us and we will comply with all relevant data protection legislation.
If you hear from us, we will aim to be respectful and appropriate but if at any time you don’t feel we’ve lived up to our approach, please let us know by getting in touch with us by using the details set out in the “Contact us” section below.
other digital identifiers relating to you, for instance IP addresses, logs or cookies.
For the purposes of data protection laws, GV Group (Gate Ventures) Limited controls how the personal data relating to you that we hold is used, and we have certain obligations under data protection laws in doing so. Our address is GV Group (Gate Ventures) Limited, 7 Mandeville Courtyard, 142 Battersea Park Road, London, England, SW11 4NB.
We are pleased to give you access to the Website and, in return, we may collect, use and share your personal data. We will only use your personal data for our purposes in a manner permitted by relevant data protection legislation, which may include:
- for our legitimate interests ( e.g. to provide the Website, its features and in to give you the best user experience );
- where you have explicitly consented ( e.g., by actively signing up to receive the www.gv-group.co.uk newsletter); or
- where we are under a legal obligation to do so ( e.g. to comply with UK or EU law ).
By “legitimate interests”, we mean our interests in managing the Website and our relationship with you. We will make sure that we take into account any potential impact that such use may have on you. Our legitimate interests will not automatically override your interests and we won’t use your information if we feel that your interests override our own (that is unless you provide your consent or we have a legal obligation or contractual use of your information in that way). If you have any concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to contact us using the details detailed in the “Contact us” section below.
What information do we collect if you sign up for our newsletter?
If you sign up to receive our newsletter we will collect personal data from you as is necessary for the newsletter service, namely your email address, name, city and what you are interested in hearing more about. We aim to send our newsletter on a monthly basis. You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in the email or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How else will we use your information?
We may also use your information (including personal data) for the following purposes:
- to help us make the Website and other related content relevant and available to you and our other visitors; sometimes requesting personal data from you to help us run and develop our website and associated functions;
- to send you our newsletter if you have signed up as a recipient to receive it;
- to carry out occasional surveys to analyse our user database — ultimately we want to ensure that the Website provides everything that our audience – you – are looking for;
- to check whether you’re eligible for a competition and to contact you if you win;
- as we feel is necessary to prevent illegal activity or to protect our interests or
- to comply with the law.
How long do we keep hold of the information?
There are particular reasons we have to keep hold of some of your information (including personal data). We’ll only keep your information for as long as we need it. How long we keep it depends very much on the type of information we’re holding and the purpose of which we need it (as well as complying with our legal obligations) . For instance, if you’ve signed up to receive our newsletter, we will keep your information while you are a subscriber so that we are
able to provide that service to you; we will delete it after you have unsubscribed.
You can request that we delete your personal data at any time.
Will we share your information with anyone else?
Your information may be shared only if:
- we are required to do so to comply with a contractual obligation or legal requirement or with the directions of the courts or other authorities;
- we feel it is reasonably necessary to prevent illegal activity or to protect our interests;
- we feel that products and services from GV Group (Gate Ventures) or any of our subsidiaries may interest you; or
- if it helps our trusted third party service providers to provide and improve our service to you or to carry out surveys and user analysis to understand your needs and preferences. If you subscribe to our newsletter, we will also share your information with our newsletter supplier, who states they securely host email addresses and act as a trusted supplier to distribute our newsletter. We contractually require these service providers to keep your personal data safe and secure. These trusted third parties would only be permitted to use your personal data for the purposes we specify.
We may share some broader statistics and customer profiling information with third parties and other GV Group (Gate Ventures) entities – but we’ll keep it anonymous, so you won’t be identifiable from that data. We’ll never rent or sell our users’ details to any other organisation or individual.
How will we make sure our site is secure?
We follow strict security procedures to manage how your personal data is stored and used, and who sees it, and to help stop any unauthorised person getting hold of it. All personal data you register with the Website will be located behind a firewall. We take security very seriously but as no system is 100% secure, we can’t completely guarantee the protection of your personal data, any more than any other organisation can. So we can’t accept any liability for the loss,
theft or misuse of the personal data which you’ve registered on the Website if there is a security breach.
Will we transfer any personal data outside the EU?
Countries outside the European Union may have a lower standard of protection for personal data than that required by EU data protection laws. The information we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored, outside the EU (including for example in the United States) and may also be processed by people operating outside the EU who work for us or one of our suppliers. If we need to transfer your data to a company based outside the EU (e.g. if our hosting company is based in the US), we’ll take steps to make sure your personal data is handled in line with EU law. If you would like any more details on this please get in contact with us (using the details set out in the “Contact us” section below).
What are my rights?
You have the right to stop using our Website at any time. Please note that, in these circumstances, we may still keep your data for the reasons set out in the “How long do we keep hold of information?” section.
Also, you have the following rights when it comes to our handling of your personal data:
- Right of rectification – you have the right to request that we rectify inaccurate personal data about you that we have
- Right to restrict processing – in some situations, you have the right to request that we do not use the personal data you have provided (e.g. if you believe it is inaccurate)
- Right to data portability – you may have the right to request that we provide you with specific information that you have provided to us in electronic format or to provide that information to a third party
- Right to object, including to direct marketing – you have the right to object to certain processing by us of personal data about you (unless we have overriding compelling grounds to continue processing) and the right to object to direct marketing by us
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the personal data we have about you and to request supporting information explaining how the personal data is used. Please be aware, sometimes we may ask you to provide proof of identity before we show you your personal data – so we can prevent unauthorised access
- Right of erasure – you have the right to request that we erase personal data about you that we have (please note that we may be able to reject or restrict the request in some circumstances, depending on the information we hold and our lawful reason to keep it)
Please get in touch with us at the address below if you would like to exercise any of these rights (including having access to your data):
GV Group (Gate Ventures) Limited ,
204 Sky Gardens,
153 Wandsworth Road,
Nine Elms, London,
You have the right to complain to the UK’s data protection regulator, the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), about our handling of your data. You can use the relevant section of the ICO website to do this: ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint.
What about personal data relating to minors?
Protecting the online privacy of children is especially very important to us. If you are under 18 years old, please do not provide us with your name, contact details or any other information about yourself. To find out more, please read our Terms and Conditions.
The Website contains links to other websites. Obviously, we don’t have any control over those websites and we cannot take any responsibility for any information you give them. Other sites have different privacy and security policies and terms and conditions, so we advise you to read them before using those sites.